Citywide Services Directory
* More information about THE CAMPO DE CAHUENGA
Description: Located at 3919 Lankershim Blvd. North Hollywood. The historic monument is the site of the signing of the Treaty of Cahuenga in January 1847. This document was instrumental in ending the conflict over the southwest territory between United States and Mexico.
Site of the signing of the capitulation papers by General Andres Pico and Lt. Col. John C. Fremont upon the cessation of hostilities between California and the Americans in January 1847. The building faccedilade is a replica of the adobe that stood on the site at the time of the signing. The grounds contain numerous plaques and monuments dedicated to historic figures.
The building is a Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks facility and is used by various organizations for special programs and regular meetings. The Campo de Cahuenga Historical Memorials Association commemorates the January event each year with a special program.
The building is open the 1st Saturday of every month from 12 pm - 4 pm.