Park Information: Municipal And Penal Codes
1. Canine/Dog Specific Municipal Codes: LAMC 53.
- Dog defecation is to be immediately removed by owner.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times in the parking area.
- All Dogs must be spayed or neutered.
- Aggressive dogs are not allowed in the park. Dogs exhibiting unusually aggressive behaviour are to be removed from the park immediately.
- In the event of dog bite or injury owner/guardian must exchange current tag information and phone number.
- Dogs must not be unattended. Any dogs left unattended will be taken to the shelter.
- All dogs over the age of four months shall be fully vaccinated and licensed.
- All dogs must wear collars and tags.
- Dogs with communicable diseases are not allowed on park premises at any time.
- Female dogs in any stage of heat are not permitted in the park.
2. Abandoning of animals is prohibited Penal Code 497.
3. No Smoking In On the Park Grounds (Including Parking Lots) LAMC 57.23.
4. Alcohol is prohibited. LAMC 12.24.
5. Loud and raucous noise anytime from sound making or sound amplifying device in his/her control (conditions apply) 41.57 LAMC.
6. Unreasonable operation of a motor vehicle anytime (idling long periods, racing engine, etc., in a residential area) 114.02 LAMC.
7. Amplified sound, loudspeakers, music, etc., including vehicles.115.02 LAMC.
Loud, unnecessary, and unusual noise anytime. 116.01 LAMC.
8. No person shall land, release, take off or fly any balloon, except children toy balloons not inflated with any flammable material, helicopter, para kite, hang glider, aircraft or powered models thereof, except in areas specifically set aside therefore. No person shall engage in any voluntary parachute jump LAMC 63.44.
9. No person shall drive, possess or ride any cycle or vehicle, whether powered by a motor or human power, except on roads designed and provided for such purposes. LAMC 63.44.
10. Individuals who interfere with the employees of the Department in the performance of their duties, or obstruct or intimidate patrons of this facility or enter non-public areas without authorization, will be requested to leave. Individuals refusing to leave after such a request will be subject to arrest and prosecution. Penal Code 602.1.
- The Department of Recreation and Parks is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Please do not leave valuables in your vehicle; leave them at home or secure them out of view in your vehicle prior to leaving home.
- Los Angeles Police Department can be contacted at (213) 978-4670.
Postings of Municipal and Penal Codes are subject to change with or without notice. This is not a complete posting list of all Municipal and Penal Codes. Additional information can be found by contacting the City of Los Angeles City Clerks office.