All partnerships are subject to an annual evaluation, based on the standards listed below. Compliance with a majority of the standards is necessary for continued partnership with the Department.
- Meets the Department’s Mission and Vision.
- Provides Recreation and Park services in line with the Department’s functions.
- Partnership enhances recreational opportunities.
- Participants are satisfied with the program.
- Equal access, inclusion of participants with special needs (reasonable accommodations).
- Program does not duplicate Department services at the facility unless partner is funding an existing program.
- Instructors are specialized, licensed, experienced and have an appropriate level of education; they are professional, polite and prepared.
- Participants show progress (if applicable).
- Partner meets their own goals and objectives.
- Cost of the program is free, low-cost, or relatively similar to programs in same community.
- The value of the partnership is provided; “actual” cost per participant is identified.
- Partner’s annual budget is provided.
- Partner pays applicable costs.
- Partner is self-funded and provides benefits at no cost to the Department.
- Annual number of participants reaches or exceeds target.
- Participation rates include reasonable proportion from the local community.
- Consistently recruits new participants.
- Performs a yearly participation survey.
- Provides demographic information and analysis.
- Marketing material includes “In collaboration with the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks” and Department logo.
- Partner's website links to the Department website.
- Department approves all marketing material.
- Marketing is current and uses various mediums.
- Photos of minors or depiction of their likeness is not included in any publication without obtaining prior consent from child’s parent or legal guardian.
- Employees and volunteers of partnership program are fingerprinted and written verification is provided annually.
- Provides liability insurance that includes the City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks as determined by City Risk Manager.
- Adequate program staff to provide proper supervision and safety.
- All equipment and instructional supplies adhere to Department safety specifications and requirements.
- Maintains designated areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Maintains good communication and a professional relationship with the Department.
- Compliance with the terms of the agreement.
- Provides required written reports
- Non-profit partner has current proof of 501(c)3 and is in good standing.
- Sub-leasing is not occurring and Department has control over property usage during non-designated times.
- Capital improvement projects are in conformance with City Standards and in coordination with the Department and Bureau of Engineering (if applicable).
Files Available for Download