Welcome to Safer at Parks, Alternative Learning Centers! LA City Parks is offering safe structured learning centers and after school programs for elementary and middle school students at sixty recreation centers across the City. Enroll your child in affordable safe structured environments which include supervised learning spaces, free internet access, recreational activities, and more. All learning centers follow guidance from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and Center for Disease Control and Prevention.
Begins August 31, 2020
*Closed on Monday, September 7, Wednesday, November 11, Thurdays, November 26 - Friday, November 27.
|Drop off||8:00am - 8:45am|
|Virtual Learning||9:00am - 2:15pm|
|Lunch / Recess||11:30am - 1:00pm|
|Virtual Learning||1:00pm - 2:15pm|
|Homework||2:15pm - 3:00pm|
|RAP After School Program||3:00 pm - 7:00pm|
|Pick up Required||7:00pm|
*Some locations end at 6:00pm.
- All children must be pre-registered (no walk-ups are accepted due to physical distancing and stable group requirements)
- Children with disabilities are encouraged to participate in our program. Reasonable accommodations will be made with prior arrangements.
Varies per location.
Parents/Guardians must show I.D. at drop off area. Please allow time to sign-in and for the child's COVID-19 symptom screening including a temperature check.
Only authorized adults who are designated during registration will be allowed to pick up your child.
Recreational, noncontact sports, activities, and games.
Participants at the paid sites must bring their own lunch. Children with food sensitivities may bring their own snacks.
Due to the demand, children with unexcused absences will be removed from the program and replaced with one from the waitlist.
Only self-administered medications are allowed.
What to Bring:
Participants are to bring their own Wifi-enabled laptop or tablet (with headphones) for them to log-on to their respective virtual classrooms for virtual learning. Students are responsible for caring for their electronic devices. The facility will not be responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items.
Safety Mandates: Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
- Daily health screening for youth and staff upon arrival.
- Face covering required and must be provided by guardian.
- Maintain two Stable Groups of 12.
- No more than 24 participants per learning center.
- Frequent Handwashing
- Sanitizing Breaks
- Rotation to Outdoor Spaces
- All recreation activities are adapted for physical distancing and are non-contact.
- If anyone at the center tests positive for COVID-19, parents/guardians will receive a phone call.
Online Registration Manuals