CITYWIDE PARK CLOSURES
In accordance with the most recent LA County Department of Public Health orders:
ALL PARKS REMAIN OPEN UNDER NORMAL OPERATING HOURS & SOME INTERIOR PARK FACILITIES REMAIN CLOSED. For operating hours please visit laparks.org.
All recreation centers remain closed except for City sponsored programs. Masks are required for City sponsored youth programs.
- Masks are required indoors where City sponsor programs are being offered.
- Indoor basketball courts remain closed except for permitted use. For outdoor sports field permitting info, visit: laparks.org/reservations/sports-permits.To inquire about obtaining an outdoor permit for activities NOT on outdoor soccer or ball fields (e.g. tennis courts, basketball courts, group exercise, etc.), visit this page for more information: laparks.org/reservations/facility-permits.
- The Griffith Observatory is open Weekdays (Friday) 12:00 noon to 10:00 p.m. Weekends (Saturday and Sunday) 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Closed Monday through Thursday.
- The Cabrillo Marine Aquarium is open to the public five days per week (Wednesday through Sunday) from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- All senior citizen centers remain closed. Home delivered meals will continue to be delivered to seniors enrolled in the LA City Department of Aging program. For more information about this program and view a list of additional food and grocery resources, please visit aging.lacity.org/seniormeals.
- Aquatic centers are open to the public. Masks are required indoors only. Capacities for recreational swim and programs for indoor pools are 50% and outdoor pools are 75%. Lap swimming is one per lane and up to three in the same household or group. While at the aquatic center non-household members, other groups, and employees must observe 6 feet distance from others.
Filming, League Permits & Special Events
- All events and permits at all RAP sites or locations will be permitted only in conformance with State, County, and City guidelines.
- Reservations for filming or events facilities or permits at RAP locations will be issued only in conformance with State, County, and City guidelines. Information on filming and special event permits can be found at laparks.org
Sherman Oaks Castle
- Miniature golf and batting cages are open to 100% capacity Tuesday through Sunday.
Beaches & Piers
- All beaches and piers are open. The Venice Beach Pier remains closed for construction. Please visit lapublichealth.org/media/Coronavirus/guidance/beaches.htm for what to expect when going to the beach.
- All Recreation and Parks public bathrooms located throughout the City will remain open during regular operating hours.
- Venice Beach bathrooms remain open as follows: The Horizon Avenue bathrooms (aka (Westminster bathrooms) remain open 24 hours. There are 7 portable bathrooms located on Rose Avenue that remain open 24 hours with handwashing stations.
- The other City beach restrooms, Washington Blvd. Pier, the North Venice Parking Lot restroom, the 17th/1700 restrooms and the Brooks Avenue restrooms are open 6:15 AM to 10:30 PM.
CITYWIDE PARK CLOSURES - Revised: May 6, 2021
In response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and in accordance with the most recent LA County Department of Public and Health orders, and the Mayor’s Safer at Home directives, the Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks (RAP) provides the following update on programming, events, facilities, park amenities and usage.
Parks still remain open; however, when visiting a park for exercise or respite, you MUST adhere to the City’s Safer at Home social distancing directives and must not participate in recreational group sports or activities that are incompatible with the City’s social distancing mandates and wear face coverings at all times.
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, the following remain closed to the public as follows (with the exceptions of most trails, golf courses, tennis, pickle ball & most fishing and beach access):
- All recreation centers are closed.
- All recreation and cultural programming, indoor and outdoor sports leagues, aquatics classes, instructional courses and group sessions are temporarily suspended or available for permitted use.
- All aquatic facilities are closed.
- All golf courses are open for reservations. See https://golf.lacity.org/ for rules and regulations. All pro shops and in door dining are to remain closed except for take-out food purchases or paying for golf services. All golfers must wear face coverings.
- Players must wear face coverings at all times except for during play/match.
- The Venice Beach Pier is closed.
- Fishing is open except at the Venice Beach Pier.
- All public beaches are open.
- Venice Beach Bathrooms remain open as follows: The Horizon Avenue Bathrooms (aka (Westminster Bathrooms) remain open 24 hours. There are 7 portable bathrooms located on Rose Avenue that remain open 24 hours with handwashing stations.
- The other City Beach restrooms, Washington Blvd. Pier, the North Venice Parking Lot Restroom, the 17th /1700 Restrooms and the Brooks Avenue Restrooms are open 6:15 AM to 10:30 PM.
- All other Citywide RAP, Public Bathrooms located throughout the City will remain open during regular operating hours.
- The following Griffith Park areas are closed: the Observatory.
- The Cabrillo Marine Aquarium and the EXPO Center are closed.
- All senior citizen centers remain closed. Home delivered meals will continue to be delivered to seniors enrolled in LA City Department of Aging program. To enroll in this program, please call 213-482-7252. The Department of Aging is reachable Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm for more information regarding meal services.
- All Dog Parks remain open subject to mandatory social distancing requirements.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 311 or the Mayor’s Help Desk.