Filming & Photography Shoot Permit Information
Venice Beach is an iconic landmark in the City of Los Angeles. From the sights and sounds to the eclectic atmosphere there isn’t a better place to film. Are you interested in filming or having a photo shoot at Venice Beach Recreation Center? If so, please follow the steps listed below:
- Contact the Department’s Park Film Office at 323-644-6220 to reserve a date and specific location.
- Contact Film LA Inc. at 213-977-8600 for a film or photo shoot permit.
- Once the date is reserved, please contact the Venice Beach Recreation Center office at 310-396-6764 for rates, fees, and on site location availability.
- Payment for filming on Venice Beach park grounds must be made 48 hours prior to the production or photo shoot date. Filming is permitted Monday to Friday only, no weekends or holidays.
- The Venice Beach Recreation Center office does not issue film or photo shoot permits for the Venice Beach Boardwalk, Venice Pier or the sand portion of the beach. If you are interested in filming or a photo shoot on the Venice Beach Boardwalk or Pier, please call the Park Film Office at 323-644-6220. For Filming on the sand portions of the beach, call Film LA at 213-977-8600.