The City of Los Angeles, Recreation and Parks Department, Aquatics Division offers families and community members many healthy, affordable and safe aquatic activities at their public pools, lakes and beaches. The Aquatics Division operates 39 seasonal swimming pools, 16 year-round swimming pools and 3 camp pools, and 3 LAUSD pools. In addition, the city operates 11 open water facilities. These open water facilities are open year round, offering fishing, paddle boating and small craft programs.
As a covered entity under Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City of Los Angeles does not discriminate on the basis of disability and, upon request, will provide reasonable accommodation to ensure equal access to its programs, services and activities.
Persons with disabilities are welcome to participate in programs and classes. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request. To ensure availability, you are advised to make your request at least 72 hours prior to the program or class you wish to participate.
3401 Riverside Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90027
Phone: (323) 906-7953
POOL ADMISSION FEES
Adults (18 – 64 ) $3.50
Children ( 0 – 17 ) $1.00
Seniors ( 65 & Up ) $1.00
Persons with Disabilities (All Ages ) $1.00
Lap Swim Pass $87.50
All City Aquatics facilities offer accessible ADA pool lifts. Please contact staff for details.
Many City Aquatics facilities offer universal changing rooms or showers. Please click on the facility you are interested in visiting to find out more.
The following Summer Pools has been extended for the Summer season:
|Hours of Operation: Fri. 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. through September 30th, 2016|
|Pan Pacific Pool|
|Lakes & Fishing / Beaches||Special Olympics|
|Junior Lifeguard Program||Water Exercise|
|Novice Teams||Swimming Lessons|
Aquatic Facility Information
Entrance is Denied to:
- Children under seven (7), unless accompanied by an adult on a one-to-one ratio.
- Children under the age of four (4) without an approved “swim diaper” or plastic pants with elastic around the waist and legs.
Also, please adhere to the following:
- Proper swim attire is as follows;
- Men must wear swim trunks with a liner AND a drawstring, board shorts are acceptable,
- Females must wear a bathing suit, may be a one-piece or two-piece.
- Inappropriate swim attire is as follows:
- No cut-offs, bike shorts, basketball shorts, or street shorts,
- No white t-shirts or white rash guards or shirts of any kind,
- Swimsuit must cover the buttocks, no thongs,
- No bodysuits or leotards.
|Year Round pools||Summer pools|
|Camps with Pools||Open Water Facilities|
The year-round facilities’ hours of operation vary per facility. View year-round facilities link (above) for more detailed information.
Sixteen pools operate year round and offer late afternoon and evening swim sessions to the general public. Some pools offer morning and noon lap swim sessions.
Forty (summer ) pools are open during the Summer Season. These outdoor facilities offer morning and afternoon public swim sessions.