The Municipal Sports Section is a centralized Department authority administrated by the Recreation Operations Branch. The primary emphasis is on adult sports league competition, administration and implementation and the administrative permitting of independent adult and youth league organizations. Team sport league competition is offered for adult Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Flag Football, Softball, Volleyball, and Kickball. Individual tournaments are offered in Tennis. Programs are conducted for both men and women. Services of the Municipal Sports Section include: League formation, facility assignment, league administration, official's training and assignments and awards. The municipal sports section encourages your comments and suggestions. Short term and long term conditional use permits are issued for various Department athletic fields.
Monday to Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Outdoor Sports Field Permits
- Field permits subject to availability and issued according to priority (see bottom of this page).
- All events and permits at all RAP sites or locations will be permitted only in conformance with State, County and City guidelines.
- Current LA County Department of Public Health Reopening Protocol for Youth and Adult Recreational Sports Leagues: Appendix S:
The permitting entity that processes Outdoor Sports Field Permits depends on field location and jurisdiction days of the week and times. There are some exceptions to juridictions below; staff can direct you appropriately.
Valley Municipal Sports Office
In All other parts of LA (Metro, Pacific, West Regions):
Metro/Pacific/West Muni Sports Office
Pacific Region: (310) 548-7675
Valley Region: (818) 756-8060
West Region: (310) 202-2803
EXPO Center: (213) 763-0114 ext. 214
- Recreation and Parks Department organized activities.
- Long term leases, film permits, conditional use, right of entry, etc.
- Six month or longer revocable permits (i.e. Little Leagues).
- Youth and Adult independent agency requests for permits:
- Permit request priority will go to agencies requesting to renew existing permits for the same dates as previously permitted.
- New agency requests will be awarded on a first-come first-serve basis.
For detailed permit information, please contact the appropriate Municipal Sports office below:
Phone: (818) 765-0284
Fax: (818) 764-5794
Phone: (818) 246-5613
Fax: (213) 847-2938
|Eric Mellem||Senior Recreation Director||Metro office|
|John Knight||Senior Recreation Director||Metro Office|
|Dave Gadelha||Senior Recreation Director||Metro Office|
|Daniel Hernandez||Recreation Coordinator||Valley office|