VAN NESS AQUATIC CENTER
Learn to Surf is an introductory program where youth will get the opportunity to go to the beach and learn water safety, beach safety, how to stand on a surfboard and ultimately catch a wave. Transportation will be provided for the participants to get to the beach. Masks must be worn in the vehicles at all times. Swimming Assessment required.
Dates and times are subject to changes. Due to the unpredictable weather, some classes may be cancelled due to unsafe conditions. If a class is cancelled, there will be no make-ups or refunds for that class.
Times: 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM
Session: October 22 to November 12
Children (0 – 17): $1.00
Adults (18 – 49): $4.00
50+ ( 50 & Up ): $1.00
Persons with Disabilities (All Ages ): $1.00
Cash or Check Only
Adult Lap Swim Pass (30 entries): $88
Youth, Persons w/ Disabilities, & Older Adults
Admission Pass (30 entries): $25.00
Aquatic Facility Information
Entrance is Denied to:
- Children under seven (7), unless accompanied by an adult on a one-to-one ratio.
- Children under the age of four (4) without an approved “swim diaper” or plastic pants with elastic around the waist and legs.
Also, please adhere to the following:
- Proper swim attire is as follows;
- Men must wear swim trunks with a liner AND a drawstring, board shorts are acceptable,
- Females must wear a bathing suit, may be a one-piece or two-piece.
- Inappropriate swim attire is as follows:
- No cut-offs, bike shorts, basketball shorts, or street shorts,
- No white t-shirts or white rash guards or shirts of any kind,
- Swimsuit must cover the buttocks, no thongs,
- No bodysuits or leotards.
Diving Board Rules
Caution Dive at Your Own Risk
- You must take a swim test before entering the deep end.
- Head and cervical injuries can result from improper diving.
- To avoid such injuries use caution when diving.
- There may be additional hazards for persons weighing 170 lbs or more
- Do not double bounce on the diving board.
- Do not move the fulcrum all the way to the rear.
- Check water depth and do not dive out of the deep water area.
- Please ask the lifeguard or management as to where you are to dive.
- Only one person at a time on the diving board.
- Be sure the diving area is clear before diving.
- Wait for the previous diver to reach the side of the pool before diving.
- Do not swim under the diving board.
- Dive straight off the board
Dressing Area, Heated Showers, Year Round Pool (Outdoor / Heated), Splash Pad, Water Slide