HANSEN DAM AQUATIC CENTER
ATTENTION HANSEN DAM AQUATIC CENTER PATRONS:
LOS ANGELES CITY POOLS (including Hansen Dam Swimming Pool)
All City of Los Angeles Department of Recreation and Parks swimming pools adhere to the County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health’s Title 22- Section 65529 regulations (including and not limited to regular on-site testing and monitoring of the pool water purification system, pH and free chlorine residuals).
HANSEN DAM RECREATIONAL LAKE - SWIMMER'S ITCH NOTICE
Citywide Aquatic Division has RESUMED all recreational water activities at the Recreation Lake.
The larvae causing Swimmer’s Itch may be present in Hansen Dam. If you decide to utilize the Recreation Lake, stay clear of plants growing in the lake. There area ways to preventative swimmer's itch: Apply sunblock, rub down very briskly with a towel after leaving the water and shower with soap and water.
For information on Swimmer's Itch please visit: https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/swimmersitch/faqs.html
For Los Angeles Sanitation Watershed Water Quality Bacteria Table testing for Hansen Dam Recreation Lake visit: http://bit.ly/hdreclake
Per the Centers for Disease Control, “Swimmer’s itch, also called cercarial dermatitis, appears as a skin rash caused by an allergic reaction to certain microscopic parasites that infect some birds and mammals. These parasites are released from infected snails into fresh and saltwater (such as lakes, ponds, and oceans). While the parasite’s preferred host is the specific bird or mammal, if the parasite comes into contact with a swimmer, it burrows into the skin causing an allergic reaction and rash. Swimmer’s itch is found throughout the world and is more frequent during the summer months.” “Most cases of swimmer itch do not require medical attention.” “Swimmer’s itch is not contagious and cannot be spread from one person to another.”
Children (0 – 17): $1.00
Adults (18 – 49): $4.00
50+ ( 50 & Up ): $1.00
Persons with Disabilities (All Ages ): $1.00
Year Round Pools:
Adult Lap Swim Pass (30 entries): $88
Youth, Persons w/ Disabilities, & Adults 50+ Admission Pass (30 entries): $25.00
Fishing Permitted (YES), Volleyball Courts (Unlighted), Water Slide, Seasonal Pool (Outdoor / Unheated)
WATER SLIDE RULES
- Rider must be 48 inches tall to ride the water slides
- Rider must be at least 7 years old.
- Rider must be less than 300 pounds
- Rider must be in good health
- Rider should not have back problems or heart conditions.
- Do not use the water slides while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Women who are pregnant should not ride the water slides.
- NO combs, sharp or foreign objects are allowed while using the water slided
- NO jewelry can be worn while riding the slides
- Proper swim attire required
- NO cut-offs, spandex, bike shorts, basketball shorts, or street shorts.
- NO t-shirts or cotton shirts of any kind.
- NO bodysuits, leotards, leggings, yoga pants, or sports bras.
- NO aqua socks/shoes, eyeglasses or goggles
- SWIMSUITS WITH RIVETS, METAL EYELETS AND ZIPPERS ON BACK SIDE PROHIBITED
- Swimsuit must cover the buttocks, no thongs.
- NO Tubes, mats or life jackets allowed on water slides
- Riders must follow the instructions of the Lifeguards and safety personnel at the water slides.
- Only one rider at a time.
- NO chains or trains
- Rider must confirm understanding of the rules before sliding down
- Rider must enter in seated position
- Rider must ride feet first with arms crossed over the chest and legs crossed at the ankles.
- No running, standing, kneeling, rotating, tumbling or stopping on the flume.
- No diving from the flume
- Arms and hands must remain in flume at all times.
- Riders must leave the landing area promptly after landing
The Park Advisory Board meets the last Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m. at Lake View Terrace Recreation Center.
Public swimming is not scheduled from October through May, but is available for primit use only.
|Hours of Operation|
|Facility Hours:||7:30 am to 6:00 pm|
|Equestrian Trail:||7:30 am to 6:00 pm|
|General Boating:||7:30 am to 6:00 pm|
|Kayaking:||7:30 am to 6:00 pm|