EXPO CENTER - RALPH M. PARSONS PRESCHOOL
Afterschool, Childcare Licensed, Camps
- Eligibility Guidelines
- Age: 2 to 6 years old
- We will work with your child on potty readiness as needed
- Hours of Operation
- Preschool centers are open Monday through Friday from 7am to 6pm
- Closed on all city holidays
- Cost/ Subsidy Programs
- Scholarships may be available
- We accept payments from all child care resources and referral agencies.
- California Department of Social Services (CDSS) and California Department of Education will provide funding for income eligible families
- You will remain on the waitlist until a space becomes available
- Morning and afternoon snacks provided.
- Lunch will be provided
- We are mindful of children’s food allergies.
- No transportation is provided.
- Covid Guidelines
- We follow all Los Angeles County Department of Public Health and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Guidelines.
- Temperature checks are required upon arrival and departure.
- Preschool Program and Curriculum
- High Scope Curriculum:
RAP’s state licensed preschool program uses the High Scope Curriculum. This curriculum has been developed by educators and used since 1962 from the Perry Preschool Project that developed into the National Head Start Program. Its focus is child centered learning with teacher assistance, to promote kindergarten readiness.
- Developmentally appropriate environment
- STEAM focused activities
- For preschool children ages 2 years to entry into kindergarten
- 1:8 staff to child ratio
- High Scope Curriculum:
|* Select a facilities' name for more site specific information|
|Center Name||Address||Phone||Tentative Opening*|
|JIM GILLIAM CHILD CARE CENTER * (PS)
- State Licensed Preschool #191871609
|4000 S. La Brea Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90008
(323) 290-3151 Fax
|RALPH M. PARSONS PRESCHOOL (PS)
Director: Micha Mims (email@example.com)
- State Licensed Preschool #198010126
|841 Martin Luther King Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90037
(213) 765-8330 Fax
|Victory Valley Child Care
Director: Brenda Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org)
-State License 195700010
|6451 Saint Clair Avenue North Hollywood, CA 91606||(818) 764-1679
(818) 764-1374 Fax
|Branford Child Care Center
Director: Rosalyn Soils(email@example.com)
-State License 197750141
|13306 Branford Street Arleta, CA 91331||818-891-6205
|Van Ness Child Care Center -State License TBD||5720 2nd Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90043||Opening Soon|
|South Park Child Care Center -State License TBD||345 East 51st Street Los Angeles, CA 90011||TBD|
|Ira C. Massey Child Care Center -State License TBD||5001 Obama Boulevard Los Angeles, CA 90016||Opening Soon|
|Evergreen Child Care Center -State License TBD||211 S. Evergreen Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90033||Opening Soon|
|Hubert Humphrey -State License TBD||12560 Fillmore Street Pacoima, CA 91331||TBD|
|Echo Child Care Center -State License TBD||515 Laveta Terrace Los Angeles, CA 90026||TBD|
|Downey Child Care -State License TBD||219 South Avenue 18 Los Angeles, CA 90031||Opening Soon|
|Banning Child Care Center -State License TBD||1331 Eubank Avenue Wilmington, CA 90744||July 2023|
Files Available for Download
CURTIS ROLAND PARK
ORCHARD AVENUE PARK
VERMONT SQUARE PARK