Sports Permits

Outdoor Sports Field Permits
The permitting entity that processes Outdoor Sports Field Permits depends on field location and jurisdiction days of the week and times.  There are some exceptions to juridictions below; staff can direct you appropriately.
Monday-Friday after 7:00pm and all day on Sundays (also sole jurisdiction at many unstaffed facility sports fields):
In San Fernando Valley (Valley Region):
Valley Municipal Sports Office

In All other parts of LA (Metro, Pacific, West Regions):
Metro/Pacific/West Muni Sports Office
Monday-Friday before 7:00pm and all day on Saturdays:
Contact the Park Director directly or call the Region Office where desired field is located:
Metro Region: (213) 485-1310
Pacific Region: (310) 548-7675
Valley Region: (818) 756-8060
West Region: (310) 202-2803
EXPO Center: (213) 763-0114 ext. 214

For some special facilities and for permit inquiries not on outdoor sports fields (Tennis, Basketball, group exercise, etc.), information on obtaining permits can be found at this link:


The Department prioritizes the general use of outdoor sports facilities based on the following criteria in descending order:
  1. Recreation and Parks Department organized activities.
  2. Long term leases, film permits, conditional use, right of entry, etc.
  3. Six month or longer revocable permits (i.e. Little Leagues).
  4. Youth and Adult independent agency requests for permits:
    • Permit request priority will go to agencies requesting to renew existing permits for the same dates as previously permitted.
    • New agency requests will be awarded on a first-come first-serve basis.